300 (The Second Part ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 (The Second Part ?)

Set in the midst of the Persian-Greco war during the Battle of Thermopylae, where Spartan king Leonidas led his army of 300 soldiers into battle against the invading Persian army. According to legend, their valor and sacrifice inspired all of Greece to unite against their Persian foe, leading to the origins of democracy.

Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release

Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Adaptation and War

Release Date: March 9th, 2007 (wide)

MPAA Rating: R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.

Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution

Production Co.: Atmosphere Entertainment MM LLC, Hollywood Gang Productions

Studios: Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.

Filming Locations: Montreal, Canada

Produced in: United States

Spartan, the Armenian king, is very well known for being fearless and brave

Comment

Is a nice movie.

Comment

Watch it here :

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

Comment

wow, looks epic, can't wait 4 it

Comment

Originally posted by RedWine View Post
            to in jang persia shekast mikhore ya mibare?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persepolis_%28football%29pERSPOLIS

Comment

to inam shekast mikhore!

vaghean dige ye zare aberoye tarikhi dashtim ke filme 300 va Alexander ono bordan!
              نه غزه نه لبنان جانم فدای ایران

در زندگی زخم*هايی هست که مثل خوره روح را آهسته در انزوا می*خورد و می*تراشد.
              صادق هدايت؛ بوف کور

Comment

Originally posted by donsaeid View Post
                to inam shekast mikhore!

vaghean dige ye zare aberoye tarikhi dashtim ke filme 300 va Alexander ono bordan!
                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persepolis_%28football%29pERSPOLIS

Comment

I heard is a good movie, we must to wait !

Comment

Credited cast:

Gerard Butler .... Spartan King Leonidas

Lena Headey .... Queen Gorgo

David Wenham .... Dilios

Dominic West .... Theron

Vincent Regan .... Captain
                    Michael Fassbender .... Stelios

Rodrigo Santoro .... Xerxes

Andrew Tiernan .... Ephialtes

Andrew Pleavin .... Daxos

300 is a Warner Bros. release directed by Zack Snyder and will be released on March 9, 2007. The film is rated R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.

Comment

a new trailer...

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...0_trailer.html

it is going to be movie of 2007... and i also think they portrayed persia in bad way... well that is hollywood...
                      I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry... just make me feel alive.

If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com

Comment

Originally posted by indian_blues View Post
                        a new trailer...

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...0_trailer.html

it is going to be movie of 2007... and i also think they portrayed persia in bad way... well that is hollywood...
                        Bad way ? how.. ? Don't worry,nobody can change the real history :=) .

Comment

well then it means im weak in persian history ....well im eagerly awaiting for the movie....
                          I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry... just make me feel alive.

If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com

Comment

Originally posted by indian_blues View Post
                            well then it means im weak in persian history ....well im eagerly awaiting for the movie....
                            My dear friend,as i told you,nobody can change the real history ! i put lots threads about real persian history in this forum,when you have time,you can search them and read them and then,tell me your opinion.

But what is very important for me is that thing :

We feel very good with indian ppl ! we had 4 big wars against India (Before XX century.India shared borders with Iran !). Our culture was mixed with indian culture and personally i am so happy for that and i prefer an indian friend than arab firend .

Comment

When I saw a trailer for Warner Brother's movie "300", I was curious to see how Iranian-Americans would react to it. Much of what Siamack Baniameri says of the trailer, I agree too, although I have no doubt that the battle of Thermopylae did occur because the Greek historian Herodotus documented it soon after it was fought.

The pedigree of the film itself may interest Baniameri. The story has been around awhile. Frank Miller's graphic novel "300" (on which the film is based) is an adolescent adaptation of a "sword-and-sandal" film from the cold war era titled "The 300 Spartans."

The earlier film, like the 1950's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," is a wholesome apple-pie of paranoia with dialog like this:

"... The whole of Asia is descending upon us. Many times more men than there are Greeks. These men are fierce, savage, bloodthirsty, merciless. But that is not the reason why we should fear them. That is not the source of their power. Their power lies in their unity. Unity! Remember that one terrible word which will surely destroy Greece, unless we counter it with a unity of our own. A unity of free men fighting together resisting this united tide of tyranny ..."

and this:

"... Mere cities don't matter now. It is Greece that counts! Only by being united can we hope to avoid slavery ..."

Much of propaganda of the first "Spartan 300" film will remain in the newer remake. This time though the Persian horde need not serve as a metaphor for the Russian horde; this time there can be a literal Persian horde without the metaphor.

What is most disturbing about "The 300 Spartans" though was not the foreign horde. The comic book bravery and strength of the "300" Spartans will prove to be more than a match for the horde. What in the end will defeat the "300" will be those Greeks who attempt to negotiate and compromise with the horde. It is they and not the foreigners who are "300's" true villains.

"300" claims to exhort freedom, but in truth, the film discredits it. Warner Brothers Studio will say that "300" is mere entertainment, but the Cold War origin and purpose of the story remains a propagandist demand against domestic dissent and for political conformity.

Comment

Working...
                              X