God (Khoda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dokhtar Bandari View Post
    Aum azizam you may call me big headed...no sweat, and I stand firm that we are god. To be a man is to be weak to be God is divine. Plus its part of the evolution you either accept it or you will perish...simple as that.
    eurgh... I hate how I always come across on these forums as a "motokhases" (forgot the correct persian word), because Im not, lol (and i hate people who are like that).
    Im only asking this because Ive never heard of this before (apart from people in cults who think they are "Gods"). So this is in no way a "bahs"... it is a genuine question:

If you are saying we are God then who do you (personally) think created us?

Just so you know, this is my own personal belief: God created us in His image, but there is no way that I can be God. If anything, i am a servant of God, but thats it. Not God - no way...lol.. I am nothing. And the proof is that I am subjected to certain laws (e.g. sleeping, eating, etc) which if I dont obey then I die, so it is proof that there is a higher creation (i.e. God) which is controlling me.
    To call ourselves God implies that humans are perfect (because God is perfection) but thats does not make sense because all humans have imperfections. Even the most honest, kindest, politest, whatever-est human being has a little imperfection in his life somewhere. That makes him imperfect.
    And yes, I do think that men are weak when compared to God -- everyone/everything is.

(zubin alan gooshaash teez shod.... alan-e ke miyat LOL)
    I know how he loves big discussions
    Last edited by maryam9; 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM.
    Mary's back, back again

Comment

• Originally posted by Dokhtar Bandari View Post
      Aum azizam you may call me big headed...no sweat, and I stand firm that we are god. To be a man is to be weak to be God is divine. Plus its part of the evolution you either accept it or you will perish...simple as that.
      didnt you say that its written in the holy books? or is this your opinion
      ~ Bahar ~

Comment

• Originally posted by DokhtarIrooni View Post
        didnt you say that its written in the holy books? or is this your opinion
        Bahar: in the holy books (e.g. Torah, Quran, Kitab Aqdas, Bible) I have always seen it written that man has been created in the image of God.

I can post the sentences for you later on if you want.
        I dont have anything with me right now
        Last edited by maryam9; 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM.
        Mary's back, back again

Comment

• Originally posted by maryam9 View Post
          Bahar: in the holy books (e.g. Torah, Quran, Kitab Aqdas, Bible) I have always seen it written that man has been created in the image of God.
          According to these books, man was created BY god, so why is Bandary saying that we are all god?
          ~ Bahar ~

Comment

• Originally posted by maryam9 View Post
            eurgh... I hate how I always come across on these forums as a "motokhases" (forgot the correct persian word), because Im not, lol (and i hate people who are like that).
            Im only asking this because Ive never heard of this before (apart from people in cults who think they are "Gods"). So this is in no way a "bahs"... it is a genuine question:

If you are saying we are God then who do you (personally) think created us?

Just so you know, this is my own personal belief: God created us in His image, but there is no way that I can be God. If anything, i am a servant of God, but thats it. Not God - no way...lol.. I am nothing. And the proof is that I am subjected to certain laws (e.g. sleeping, eating, etc) which if I dont obey then I die, so it is proof that there is a higher creation (i.e. God) which is controlling me.
            To call ourselves God implies that humans are perfect (because God is perfection) but thats does not make sense because all humans have imperfections. Even the most honest, kindest, politest, whatever-est human being has a little imperfection in his life somewhere. That makes him imperfect.
            And yes, I do think that men are weak when compared to God -- everyone/everything is.

(zubin alan gooshaash teez shod.... alan-e ke miyat LOL)
            I know how he loves big discussions
            If you have ever notice Zubin normally does not get involved in religious talk...anyhooooo

Maryam jaan, information and energy creates the nature of reality. If that is your belief then who am I to argue with you. You will wake up one day but it seems like today is not the day. So...meanwhile try to reason with yourself...ask questions..such as

Why would a god who is all powerfull and all knowing would want to create anyone in his own image? And why would he, after he created them, would want them to be his servants? Why would he need a servant at all? And how do you suppose he wants to be served? And how are you serving your God? I mean how do you know that is what your God wants?

That is good start.
            I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
            I would be pure, for there are those who care;
            I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
            I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
            I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
            I would be giving and forget the gift;
            I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
            I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
            Howard Walter
            http://www.farsinet.com/poetry/images/poemvatn.gif

Comment

Working...
            X