Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is religion really necessary for our lives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is religion really necessary for our lives?

Feel free to enlighten us with your point of view
    Aya fekr mikoni vaghan din lazeme?
    Bishtar komak mikone behemoon ya moshkel ijad mikone vasamoon?

Please share few words with us...
    Religion ---> Cause of discension & conflicts in d world.
    35.71%
    Religion ---> A life guide-line to preserve & protect Us.
    35.71%
    Religion ---> Somethin' 2 stick to as d latest issue.
    0.00%
    Religion ---> A need in today's society in order to reach Peace & Unity of Mankind.
    28.57%

Cause of discension & conflicts in d world.

Comment

Moshkeli age ijad shode, na az din balke az kasayee e ke eda'aye din o mikonan! tamame din ha , khosoosan islam, binahayat roo solh takid daran!

Unfortunately we can't draw a line between muslims and islam, believe me or not these are two seprate things. I, as a muslim, can commit a crime however islam is not to be blamed for the crime which is commited! I wish you get my point!

Comment

i do believe religion is necessary in our lives, it helps guide our thoughts and actions in a way that prevents us from doing bad things. yes, you can not have a religion and prevent yourself from doing bad things, but most people are swayed from wrong because of the punishment that comes with doing wrong as outlined in the certain religion. I am not going to say i push for a certain religion, every religion is respectable in and of its own, as long as a person believes in something, then in my eyes whatever it is they believe in is respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by golgol85
          i do believe religion is necessary in our lives, it helps guide our thoughts and actions in a way that prevents us from doing bad things. yes, you can not have a religion and prevent yourself from doing bad things, but most people are swayed from wrong because of the punishment that comes with doing wrong as outlined in the certain religion. I am not going to say i push for a certain religion, every religion is respectable in and of its own, as long as a person believes in something, then in my eyes whatever it is they believe in is respectable.
          I disagree.

I believe that being a good citizen does not derive from the punishments laid out by religion, but by the quality of mental stability of the human psyche.

If our mind is in balance then we will be more respectful to others. But threats of eternal torture do not enhance this. Look at how many have shed blood in the name of religion, from the popes of Europe, to Muhammad, to the Israelis. And I know many devout Muslims and Christians who still frequently commit "sins."

The best way to guide yourself from doing bad things is to listen to your inner self, and the only way to do this is to develop spiritually not religiously and to calm the psyche.

As Carl Jung said, "The only thing religion does is prevent you from being open to a spiritual experience"

Comment

Cause of discension & conflicts in d world

Comment

A life guide-line to preserve & protect Us....A Goal...
              هركجا هستم باشم
              آسمان مال من است
              پنجره فكر هوا عشق زمين مال من است
              چه اهميت دارد گاه اگر مي رويند قارچهاي غربت!!!

زندگي دو نيمه است : نيمه اول در انتظار نيمه دوم ، نيمه دوم در حسرت نيمه اول .

اگه یه پروانه روی سرت نشست تعجب نکن چون ............ . من آدرس قشنگترین گله دنیا رو بهش دادم.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPersian
                I disagree.

I believe that being a good citizen does not derive from the punishments laid out by religion, but by the quality of mental stability of the human psyche.

If our mind is in balance then we will be more respectful to others. But threats of eternal torture do not enhance this. Look at how many have shed blood in the name of religion, from the popes of Europe, to Muhammad, to the Israelis. And I know many devout Muslims and Christians who still frequently commit "sins."

The best way to guide yourself from doing bad things is to listen to your inner self, and the only way to do this is to develop spiritually not religiously and to calm the psyche.

As Carl Jung said, "The only thing religion does is prevent you from being open to a spiritual experience"
                Thank you for sharing your opinion. What you see as spirituality helping calm the psyche, i see religion playing the same part. based on what each of us has as our value system, we all step outside of it every once in a while; in religion that is called a "sin". i look at religion and spirutuality both giving a value system that we try to incorporate into our lives to make us better people. spirituality may be interesting in that there are no such things as "sins", sometimes the fact that there is nothing bad deters people from doing bad. call it religion, call it spirituality, call it whatver you want, as long as it deters you from being bad to others and helps keep you on the right path, its all good. I personally think each and every religion (including spirituality) is respectable and i'd be interested in your sharing more about spirituality.

Comment

Religion ---> A life guide-line to preserve & protect Us. 5 38.46% <--- Intresting .

Comment

Working...
                  X