Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delara Darabi executed in Iran

Exclamation Delara Darabi executed in Iran

On Saturday, January 27, 2007, Iran’s Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of Delara Darabi for a second time. Delara, who is now 20 years old, faces death by public hanging for a murder that took place when she was 17 years old.

According to newspaper and court reports, after murdering a woman related to Delara, Delara’s 19 year old boyfriend, Amir Hossein, convinced Delara to admit responsibility for the murder to protect him from execution.

Apparently, both teenagers believed that because Delara was under the age of 18, she could not be sentenced to death. This belief proved to be devastatingly false. savedelara.com

Part I

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofeLS1LCIzc[/ame]

Part II

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ounq6LncyA[/ame]

so painfull....
    Love like you never got hurt
    work like you don't need the money
    Dance like no one is watching

تا عاقلان راهی برای یکبار خندیدن پیدا کنند دیوانگان هزار بار خندیده اند

damnnn

Delara Darabi, the young artist who has been in Rasht prison for the last 5 years in Iran, is at great risk of execution at any moment.

A few days ago, she was told by prison authorities to prepare herself as she would be executed any day. Her lawyer, Abdolsamad Khoramshahi, is convinced that if she were to be given a new trial whereby they could re-enact the scene of the crime, it would be easily proven that Delara is innocent of the alleged murder she was convicted of.

Khoramshahi has said many times that he has new evidence including the crime being committed by a right handed person whereas Delara is lefthanded. Despite many attempts by human rights groups and celebrities to try and get pardon from the family of the victim, the family would like to see her execution carried out.

Stop Child Executions has been documenting Delara's case for several years and informing members of parliament worldwide, human rights group, the United Nations and the general public about her condition.

In 2007, Stop Child Executions produced a 10 minute documentary about Delara which can be viewed here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=delara+darabi

For more information on Delara Darabi and backstory, please visit our archived news pieces at:

http://scenews.blog.com/Delara%20Darabi/

Please send your urgent action by phoning or faxing the Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations:

Mohammad Khazaee, Ambassador and Permanent Representative

622 Third Ave. New York, NY 10017
    Tel: (212) 687-2020 / Fax: (212) 867-7086
    E-mail: iran@un.int

And writing to the Head of Judiciary in Iran

His Excellency Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi

Howzeh Riyasat-e Qoveh Qazaiyeh / Office of the Head of the Judiciary
    Pasteur St., Vali Asr Ave., south of Serah-e Jomhouri,
    Tehran 1316814737,

Islamic Republic of Iran

Phone: [00 98 21] 391 1109

Fax: [00 98 21] 390 4986

Email: Shahroudi@Dadgostary-tehran . ir

Salutation: Your Excellency

This may be her last chance. Please spread this everywhere you can including informing your local news stations.

Amnesty International

According to Iran's state run daily newspaper Etemaad, the young artist Delara Darabi who has spent the last 5 years in Rasht prison in Iran for the alleged murder of a relative, is scheduled to be executed in four days from now.
    It was reported that her lawyer Abdolsamad Khoramshahi had been given official notice of her execution date. He is convinced that Delara is innocent and hopes that the family of the victim will give pardon by accepting "diyeh" (blood money) as retribution.

Stop Child Executions has reported the urgent news to the United Nations High Commission on Human Rights, Members of Parliament worldwide and other human rights groups and individuals. Stop Child Executions is hoping there is enough pressure on the the head of Judiciary in Iran to grant a new trial whereby Khoramshahi will be able to present the new evidence he has obtained which would prove her innoncence. Stop Child Executions has also been working to establish contact with the family of the victim to see if there are any other avenues to save Delara's life.
    Stop Child Executions urges you to bombard the Head of Judiciary, Ayatollah Shahroudi's fax with the message below:

FAX : 0098213904986
    (If you are dialing from North America, you would dial 011 98 21 390 4986)

Your Excellency Ayatollah Shahroudi,
    Delara Darabi, the young artist who has been in Rasht prison for the last 5 years in Iran, is at risk of execution. I understand that her lawyer Abdolsamad Khoramshai has been informed that her execution is scheduled in the next few days. He is convinced that if she were to be given a new trial whereby they could re-enact the scene of the crime, it would be easily proven that Delara is innocent of the alleged murder she was convicted of.

Mr. Khoramshahi has said many times that he has new evidence including the crime being committed by aright handed person whereas Delara is left-handed. Many attempts have been made by human rights groups and celebrities to try and get a pardon from the victim's family, however they have said that they want her execution to be carried out.

Please keep in mind that Iran is a state party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), which prohibit the use of the death penalty against people convicted of crimes committed when they were under 18.

In the indicated circumstances, I'd request that she not be executed and be granted a new trial.

Thank you,

(Your name)

thats reali sad!

quote: 'for a murder that took place when she was 17 years old'

so did she actually murder? If no one is certain there should be NO execution!

what was the reason for killing her cousin?
    Last edited by purrsian_cat; 04-16-2009 at 07:11 AM.
    .Proud to be Persian.

افزایش درخواست*ها برای توقف اعدام دارابی

درخواست*ها برای توقف اجرای حکم دل*آرا دارابی افزایش یافته است.

دل*آرا دارابی فردا (یکشنبه) به جرم قتل اعدام می*شود.

فعالان حقوق بشر، فعالان حقوق زن، نهاد*های بین*المللی، وب*سایت*ها و وبلاگ*های فعال مدنی طی روز*های اخیر با صدور بیانیه*ها و اطلاعیه*های جداگانه*ای از مقام*های قضایی ایران خواسته*اند که حکم اعدام خانم دارابی را متوقف کنند.

وب*سایت*ها و وبلاگ*ها نیز با انتشار گزارش*ها و یادداشت*هایی مخالفت خود با اعدام دل*آرا را اعلام کرده*اند.

دل*آرا دارابی ۲۳ ساله، متهم است شش سال پیش زمانی که ۱۷ سال داشت به همراه دوست پسرش، شخصی به نام «مینا» را در رشت از پای در آورده است.

کمپین بین*المللی حقوق بشر در ایران در اطلاعیه*ای با اعتراض به حکم صادر شده، به مقام*های ایران توصیه کرده است که با توقف حکم اعدام وی، پرونده را باردیگر مورد «بازبینی» قرار دهند.

عبدالصمد خرمشاهی، وکیل دل*آرا نیز اظهار داشته است که پرونده موکلش «ایراد*های زیادی» دارد.
    «چپ*دست بودن دل*آرا که با محل ضربات وارد شده به مقتول همخوانی ندارد»، به گفته آقای خرمشاهی مهمترین دلیل برای اثبات بی*گناهی موکلش است.

سازمان عفو بین*الملل دیگر نهاد بین*المللی فعال در امر حقوق بشر است که با صدور بیانیه*ای خواستار توقف حکم اعدام دل*آرا دارابی شده *است.
    پدر دل*آرا نیز در نامه*ای از آیت*الله محمود هاشمی شاهرودی خواسته که حکم اعدام دخترش را متوقف کند.
    دل*آرا در اولین بازجویی*ها به قتل اعتراف کرده است، اما در روز دادگاه اتهام قتل را نپذیرفت.

وی گفت که «پسر مورد علاقه*ام به من گفته بود چون تو زیر ۱۸ سال هستی اگر قتل را به گردن بگیری اعدام نخواهی شد و من هم به قتل اعتراف کردم.»

According to Delara's attorney Khoramshahi, execution is halted.

Persian: http://scenews.blog.com/4832730/

According to Committee of Human Rights Reporters of Iran, Delara Darabi's attorney, Abdolsamad Khoramshahi has confirmed that "Due to refusal of the victim's family to attend the execution by hanging and because the laws (of Islamic Republic of Iran) requires that the verdict can only be excercised in the presence of the family, for now the execution has been postponed. However the victim family have not changed their demand for execution"

It has been a long, emotional and exhausting weekend for SCE volunteers, supporters and so many of you around the world but Delara gets to live another day thanks to the efforts of her family, her attorney Mr. Khoramshahi , and many politicians, human rights organizations and activists and so many caring people like you in Iran and around the world.....
    We all now deserve a break as tomorrow is another day to continue the struggle to end the imminent execution order of Delara Darabi by the regime in Iran and until the UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child are observed by all governments.

THANK YOU ALL wherever you are on this one planet that we all share together.

For more information about Delara visit: http://www.stopchildexecutions.com/Delara.aspx

PUBLIC AI Index: MDE 13/034/2009 April 20, 2009

FurtherInformation on 98/09 (MDE 13/031/2009, 09 April 2009) and follow-up (MDE13/032/2009) - Fear of imminent execution

IRAN DelaraDarabi (f), aged 22, juvenile offender

Juvenileoffender Delara Darabi was granted a two month stay of execution by the Head ofthe Judiciary on 19 April, the day before she was due to be executed.

DelaraDarabi’s lawyer, Abdolsamad Khorramshahi, has confirmed that herexecution has been postponed for two months after the family of the victim refusedto attend the execution. They are however still demanding that she be executed.According to Article 7 of Iran’s Code of Procedure on executions, the family ofthe victim or their lawyer are required to be present for the implementation ofthe sentence.

DelaraDarabi remains at risk of being executed unless the family of the victim agreeson compensation.

BACKGROUNDINFORMATION

Iran has executed at least forty two juvenile offenders since 1990, eight ofthem in 2008 and one on 21 January 2009.

The execution of juvenile offenders is prohibitedunder international law, as stated in Article 6(5) of the InternationalCovenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the Convention on the Rightsof the Child (CRC), to which Iranis a state party, and so has undertaken not to execute anyone for crimescommitted when they were under 18.

In Irana person convicted of murder has no right to seek pardon or commutation fromthe state, in violation of Article 6(4) of the ICCPR. The family of a murdervictim have the right either to insist on execution, or to pardon the killerand receive financial compensation (diyeh).

For more information about executions of child offenders in Iran, pleasesee Iran: The last executioner of children (Index: MDE 13/059/2007), June2007, (http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engmde130592007).

RECOMMENDEDACTION: Please send appeals to arrive as quickly as possible, in Persian,Arabic, English or your own language:

-welcoming the stay of execution for Delara Darabi;

-calling on the authorities to commute her death sentence, as she is facingexecution for a crime committed when he was under 18;

-acknowledging that governments have a right and responsibility to bring tojustice those suspected of criminal offences in proceedings that meetinternational standards for fair trial and the Convention of the Rights of theChild, and pointing out that no one should be executed for crimes committedwhen under 18;

- calling on the authorities to pass, as a matterof urgency, legislation abolishing the death penalty for all offences committedby those under 18, in accordance with Iran’s obligations as a state party tothe International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention onthe Rights of the Child.

APPEALSTO:

Headof the Judiciary

AyatollahMahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi

c/o Director, Judiciary Public Relationsand Information Office

Ardeshir Sadiq

Judiciary Public Relations andInformation Office

No. 57, Pasteur St., corner of Khosh Zaban Avenue

Tehran, Iran

Email: info@dadiran**** (In thesubject line write: FAO Ayatollah Shahroudi)

Judiciary spokesperson

Alireza Jamshidi

Howzeh Riyasat-e Qoveh Qazaiyeh / Officeof the Head of the Judiciary

Pasteur St, Vali Asr Ave., south of Serah-e Jomhuri

Tehran 1316814737, Iran

Email: info@a-jamshidi****

Salutation: DearSir

Leaderof the Islamic Republic

AyatollahSayed ‘Ali Khamenei, The Office of the Supreme Leader

Islamic Republic Street – End of Shahid Keshvar Doust Street, Tehran,Islamic Republic of Iran

Email: info_leader@leader****

via website: http://www.leader****/langs/en/index...letter(English)

http://www.leader****/langs/fa/index.php?p=letter (Persian)

COPIESTO:
    Director, Human RightsHeadquarters of Iran

Mohammad Javad Larijani

Howzeh Riyasat-e Qoveh Qazaiyeh /Office of the Head of the Judiciary

Pasteur St, Vali AsrAve., south of Serah-e Jomhuri

Tehran 1316814737, Iran

Fax: +98 21 3390 4986 (please keep trying)

Email: info@dadgostary-tehran****(In the subject line write: FAO Javad Larijani)

Salutation: Dear Mr Larijani

andto diplomatic representatives of Iran accredited to your country.

PLEASESEND APPEALS IMMEDIATELY. Check with the InternationalSecretariat, or your section office, if sending appeals after 1 June.

Dont blame the government, its up to the victims family to give consent..if the victims family accept or if sufficient proof is verified she can be set free. Otherwise....
    Vote Mohammad Baqer Ghalibaf

Quote Originally Posted by ghalibaf View Post
    Dont blame the government, its up to the victims family to give consent..if the victims family accept or if sufficient proof is verified she can be set free. Otherwise....
    I don't know how else to say this. But you are one of the dumbest, least compassionate and not to mention absolutely of a very low states of consciousness. I have never wished any horror on anyone,

A child at the age of 17 has not fully complete his frontal lobe, the part of brain which is responsible for decision making...ahmaghe beshoor, and you think a whole life of experience and precious life should be taken away from a child because of a stupid and undeniably corrupted backward government.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 04-21-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Pls respect the other members.
    I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
    I would be pure, for there are those who care;
    I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
    I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
    I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
    I would be giving and forget the gift;
    I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
    I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
    Howard Walter
    http://www.farsinet.com/poetry/images/poemvatn.gif

inghadr az in ghalibafe tarif nakon, khejalatesh midi azizam lol
    Last edited by Rasputin; 04-21-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: No large quote pls

Quote Originally Posted by Dokhtar Bandari View Post
    I don't know how else to say this.

Last edited by Rasputin; 04-21-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: No large quote pls
    .Proud to be Persian.

my post had nothing to do with how i feel or what i think, i was stating what the law is in iran.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 04-23-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Pls respect the other members.

just so you know i had more in my previous sentence, it was edited by mods.

Quote Originally Posted by ghalibaf View Post
    my post had nothing to do with how i feel or what i think, i was stating what the law is in iran.

Not true. You said don't blame it on the government, that is a thought process. Therefore you were in agreement with them. And why not blame the government, didn't people like you blamed everything on Shah and called him a dictator? This government of yours makes these atrocious rules and forgets the laws of God, which is reverence for life and respect for humanity. Do you even know what Allah stands for? I tell you so you know, it stands for Breath/Nafas/Life. Reason with yourself a bit as to what that means. Have you even read a sentence in Quran which you understood? no you have not...have you ever question why these Arabic rules are shoved down our throat? no, you have a blind obedience like a boz.

You support these power mongers and evil doers and forget that very first sentence in Quran " in the name of the God Allah who is all merciful". What kind of merciful God gives life and then makes rules that would eliminate that life? God does not, Man does. So you are worshiping Man and not God.

Get a life dude, go learn and then come talk to me. I have stooped as low as I can in conversing with you.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 04-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Howard Walter

oh my God what happened to this innocent girl akharesh? i feel soo sorry for our government this is not fair its very sad and its a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Dokhtare_Malous View Post
    oh my God what happened to this innocent girl akharesh? i feel soo sorry for our government this is not fair its very sad and its a shame
    She is sentenced to death, like many thousand other teenagers in Iran.
    Howard Walter

Howard Walter

Last edited by Rasputin; 04-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    ~ Bahar ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dokhtar Bandari View Post
    Not true. You said don't blame it on the government, that is a thought process. Therefore you were in agreement with them. And why not blame the government, didn't people like you blamed everything on Shah and called him a dictator? This government of yours makes these atrocious rules and forgets the laws of God, which is reverence for life and respect for humanity. Do you even know what Allah stands for? I tell you so you know, it stands for Breath/Nafas/Life. Reason with yourself a bit as to what that means. Have you even read a sentence in Quran which you understood? no you have not...have you ever question why these Arabic rules are shoved down our throat? no, you have a blind obedience like a boz.

You support these power mongers and evil doers and forget that very first sentence in Quran " in the name of the God Allah who is all merciful". What kind of merciful God gives life and then makes rules that would eliminate that life? God does not, Man does. So you are worshiping Man and not God.

Get a life dude, go learn and then come talk to me. I have stooped as low as I can in conversing with you.
    LOL i can see you have psychological problems, probably due to a hard youth im guessing..that is if your still not 12.

Dont talk to me about religion, oomadi roe internet jav gerefted. Iv discussed with people like you before but face to face, Fortunetly for me i cant be bothered to read your BS so feel free to carry on, when your done dont forget to flush.

ghalibaf avalan ke taghsire dolatam hast chon ona hanoz tahghighateshon kamel nashode ghezavat kardan.
    dovoman inke hala begim in yedone taghsire dolat nist on 7 ta bahai ke alan to zendanan chi taghsire ameye mane in hame adame digaro dar mizanano sangsar mikonan bad yadeshon miofte yaro bigonah bode.
    paye adame bigonah ta balaye dar mire tanabe daram mire dore gardanesh daresham mizanan bad mifahmam taraf bigonah bode.
    bad nist age khodeto bezari jaye baghie bad nazar bedi
    خواهی که جهان در کف اقبال تو باشد؟ خواهان کسی باش که خواهان تو باشد