Poll: Is Good & Important, Plastic Surgery (beauty) For us ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic surgery (beauty)

Plastic surgery (beauty)

Plastic surgery is a general term for operative manual and instrumental treatment which is performed for functional or aesthetic reasons. The word "plastic" derives from the Greek plastikos meaning to mould or to shape; its use here is not connected with modern plastics.

The principal areas of plastic surgery include two broad fields.

Reconstructive surgery, including microsurgery, focuses on undoing or masking the destructive effects of trauma, surgery or disease. Reconstructive surgery may include closing defects with flaps—that is, by moving tissue from other parts of the body.
    Cosmetic (or aesthetic) surgery is most often performed in order to change features the patient finds unflattering. In many cases, however, there are medical reasons (for example, breast reduction when orthopedic problems are present).

The most prevalent aesthetic/cometic procedures are listed below. Most of these types of surgery are more commonly known by their "common names." These are also listed when pertinent.

Abdominoplasty (or "tummy tuck"): reshaping and firming of the abdomen
    Blepharoplasty (or "eyelid surgery"): Reshaping of the eyelids or the application of permanent eyeliner, including Asian blepharoplasty
    Augmentation Mammaplasty (or "breast enlargement" or "boob job"): Augmentation of the breasts
    Muscle sculpting: Removal of the fat layer that is on top of chosen muscle to reveal a more appealing look after surgery (ie: six pack abs revealed through muscle sculpting)
    Chemical peel: Removal of acne scars and sagging skin—not technically surgery and can be performed by a cosmetologist
    Mastopexy (or "breast lift"): Raising of sagging breasts
    Rhinoplasty (or "nose job"): Reshaping of the nose
    Non-surgical Nose Job: A new method of reshaping of the nose without surgery. This non-invasive procedure, developed by Dr. Alexander Rivkin, uses injectable fillers to reshape the nose and hide imperfections.
    Otoplasty (or ear surgery): Reshaping of the ear
    Rhytidectomy (or "face lift"): Removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
    Suction-Assisted Lipectomy (or liposuction): Removal of fat from the body
    Circumcision: Removal of the foreskin of the penis, esp. without any diagnosis
    Chin augmentation: Augmentation of the chin with an implant (e.g. silicone) or by sliding genioplasty of the jawbone.
    Cheek augmentation
    Collagen injections
    Mesotherapy : An alternative to liposuction where fluids are injected to break down and disolve the fat. This is considered the non-invasive method to fat tissue removal.

be nazare man hich eshkali nadare ke kasi bekhad plastic surgery dashte bashe
    vali hich vaght nabayad ziyade ravi kard mesle MJ
    be nazare man plastic surgery vaghti khobe ke sen mire bala va ba surgery dobare on shakhs mitone javoontar beshe va etemad be nafsesh ham balatar bere.
    vali age vaghean kasi be surgery ehtiaj nadashte bashe nabayad en karo anjam bede
    WWW.MYTAPESH.COM

God made Coke,
    God made Pepsi,
    God made Persian girls so DAMN SEXY!!!

~Zende Bad Iran Va Irani~

man mokhalef nistam ke chizhaye jozye ro plastic surgery kone
    vali inke bekhadd biatt kollan ghiafasho avaz kone noch mowafegh nabidam

be nazare man khoda harchi behemoon dade ye manihi dare...chera bayad avaz konim?albate vase extreme cases mohafegham...

Quote Originally Posted by Michellica
    be nazare man khoda harchi behemoon dade ye manihi dare...chera bayad avaz konim?albate vase extreme cases mohafegham...
    ramazotti bayad damaghesho amal koneh Mona. hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by RedWine
    ramazotti bayad damaghesho amal koneh Mona. hahahahahaha
    badtar az oon ke ziade!

hich eshkali nadare kasi plastic surgery kone as lon as ike obvious nabashe, masalan zane 60 sale meseh shohreh bere plastic surgery kone...
    plastic surgery faghat baraye adamayi ke vaghean ehtiaj daran khoobe...na vase javoon shodan...
    Fingili

there are some cases where i think it's perfectly fine, such as if someone was disfigured in an accident or something.

these things i think are ok too:
    dental surgery - if you have really unstraight/gap/or rotten teeth

eyelid surgery - lots of asians do this. it's not a major invasive surgery

i guess sometimes if someone has a really messed up nose then fine its ok by me, but it's gotta be pretty messed up

lipo is a no no. go to the gym and work it off!!! you'll feel better about yourself than if you get surgery

breast implants are something else i don't really like. i would never get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    hich eshkali nadare kasi plastic surgery kone as lon as ike obvious nabashe, masalan zane 60 sale meseh shohreh bere plastic surgery kone...
    plastic surgery faghat baraye adamayi ke vaghean ehtiaj daran khoobe...na vase javoon shodan...
    Dorost migi !

Chizi keh mano beh fekr mindazeh ineh keh moteasefaneh in ghazieh (mesleh kheili chiza) kheili bad dareh anjam misheh beineh khanoomhayeh iruni ! (ham iran ham kharej az iran !) .

Yek article daram minevisam dar moredesh va dar moredeh khanoomhayeh iruni keh mizaramesh tooyeh 'woman thread'. tooyeh unja behtar in ghazieh ro tozih dadam.

new users vote pls !

bazi mogheha plastic surgery baraye self confidence bazi ha khoobe, komakeshoon mikone. bazi ha plastic surgery mikonan vase cheshmo ham cheshmi. there are even those that are addicted to plastic surgery. I think it matters why one is opting to do plastic surgery.

more women than men opt to get plastic surgery because they are unhappy with the way they look. Women are more critical of their own bodies than men, men are more accepting with what they have while women constantly look for ways to improve. I think in that sense men are lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by golgol85
    bazi mogheha plastic surgery baraye self confidence bazi ha khoobe, komakeshoon mikone. bazi ha plastic surgery mikonan vase cheshmo ham cheshmi. there are even those that are addicted to plastic surgery. I think it matters why one is opting to do plastic surgery.

more women than men opt to get plastic surgery because they are unhappy with the way they look. Women are more critical of their own bodies than men, men are more accepting with what they have while women constantly look for ways to improve. I think in that sense men are lucky!
    beh koudoomash ray dadi !?

beh koudoomash ray dadi !?
    beh No ray dadam! it says i voted, so i know i voted!

if obsession with plastic surgery becomes excessive, i have a problem with it. there is actually a psychological disorder where ppl become obsessed with a part of their body that they think is abnormal, when in reality there is nothing wrong with it. the name of the psychological disorder is body dismorphic disorder. this disorder commonly co-occurs with depression and is related to OCD (obsessive complulsive disorder) and anorexia. Treatments include meds and cognitive behavioral therapy (getting the person to think about themselves more positively and change the way they view themselves).

beh No ray dadam! it says i voted, so i know i voted!

if obsession with plastic surgery becomes excessive, i have a problem with it. there is actually a psychological disorder where ppl become obsessed with a part of their body that they think is abnormal, when in reality there is nothing wrong with it. the name of the psychological disorder is body dismorphic disorder. this disorder commonly co-occurs with depression and is related to OCD (obsessive complulsive disorder) and anorexia. Treatments include meds and cognitive behavioral therapy (getting the person to think about themselves more positively and change the way they view themselves).
    touyeh iran keh dokhtara hamintour poshteh sareh ham amal mikonan,nemidunam chera intori shodan ina !

touyeh iran keh dokhtara hamintour poshteh sareh ham amal mikonan,nemidunam chera intori shodan ina !
    chon ba ooni ke hastan razi nistan, az khodeshoon razi nistan fekr mikonan ba amal dorost mishe. A lot of it has to do with the level of self confidence a person has, those who have low self esteem and self confidence thiink looks can improve them. im not saying the extra attention is not going to boost their confidence momentarily, but in the long run they need to see a psychologist to find the root of what is really causing them to be so unhappy with themselves.

chon ba ooni ke hastan razi nistan, az khodeshoon razi nistan fekr mikonan ba amal dorost mishe. A lot of it has to do with the level of self confidence a person has, those who have low self esteem and self confidence thiink looks can improve them. im not saying the extra attention is not going to boost their confidence momentarily, but in the long run they need to see a psychologist to find the root of what is really causing them to be so unhappy with themselves.
    ummm,ini keh migi ghaboul,vali didam adamhaei ro keh ino beheshoun goftam,un vaght kolli mano chang zadan va muhamo keshidan,hehehe

rasti esmet chieh !?

ufff,man 4 bar zire tigheh jarahi raftam,kheili badeh, digeh nemikham chizi besheh keh baz chaghou bezanan mano in doctorhayeh namard !

ummm,ini keh migi ghaboul,vali didam adamhaei ro keh ino beheshoun goftam,un vaght kolli mano chang zadan va muhamo keshidan,hehehe

rasti esmet chieh !?

ufff,man 4 bar zire tigheh jarahi raftam,kheili badeh, digeh nemikham chizi besheh keh baz chaghou bezanan mano in doctorhayeh namard !
    khob kasi doost nadare ghabool kone ke self-confidence nadare va be khatere inke be self esteemesh ezafe beshe plastic surgery karde. vaay, che vahshi, nakone kachal shodi az bas mohato kandan?

esmam torobchas!

akhei, 4 times?! khoda kone dige hich vaght majboor nashi zire amal beri. mishe beporsam vase chi majboor shodi 4 bar zire tighe jarahi beri? hame doctoro namard nistan

khob kasi doost nadare ghabool kone ke self-confidence nadare va be khatere inke be self esteemesh ezafe beshe plastic surgery karde. vaay, che vahshi, nakone kachal shodi az bas mohato kandan?

esmam torobchas!

akhei, 4 times?! khoda kone dige hich vaght majboor nashi zire amal beri. mishe beporsam vase chi majboor shodi 4 bar zire tighe jarahi beri? hame doctoro namard nistan
    nah,man dokhtar vahshiaro ahli mikonam,badesh ashegham mishan !

first time in balkan war !

II,III Motor jet !

IV Ski .

nah,man dokhtar vahshiaro ahli mikonam,badesh ashegham mishan !

first time in balkan war !

II,III Motor jet !

IV Ski .
    to ke hame akhare sar asheghet mishan!

mesle inke kheili nashi hasti, akhe che joori bayad khodeto hurt koni ke monjar be amal beshe! ye zareh ehtiyat kon ke dige majboor nashi daste doctor biofti!

to ke hame akhare sar asheghet mishan!

mesle inke kheili nashi hasti, akhe che joori bayad khodeto hurt koni ke monjar be amal beshe! ye zareh ehtiyat kon ke dige majboor nashi daste doctor biofti!
    to ham shodi mesleh mamaneh man,hahaha,mige enghadar donbaleh mashin kursi va motor bazi va in chiza naramkar daste khodam midam. hahaha

in vase ineh keh ashegheh adventure hastam,is the only way which i find my relaxin moments !

to ham shodi mesleh mamaneh man,hahaha,mige enghadar donbaleh mashin kursi va motor bazi va in chiza naramkar daste khodam midam. hahaha

in vase ineh keh ashegheh adventure hastam,is the only way which i find my relaxin moments !
    Being adventurous is a great thing, but not if its going to cost you your head! better to be alive and bored then dead and thrilled, yeah?

Being adventurous is a great thing, but not if its going to cost you your head! better to be alive and bored then dead and thrilled, yeah?
    Hatta hameyeh tanhaiha ba man ghariban !

man mimiram,to yeki az dasteh man rahat mishi !

Hatta hameyeh tanhaiha ba man ghariban !

man mimiram,to yeki az dasteh man rahat mishi !
    nemikhad hala loos beshi! kasi mesle to ke tanha nemimoone, hamishe hame dooreshan!

badesham, man nemikham az sare hich kas (you included) ye mo kam she. ki goft to bemiri man rahat misham? on vaght ki inja baham dava kone? na kheir, to bemiri in site boring mishe

medically speaking, surgery is important to align fractures on body parts to make a person become more confident in itself. to make her even more beautiful and /or improve in more fashionable way. expensive but people invest anyway!
    People will doubt what u say but believe what u DO!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky_152000
    medically speaking, surgery is important to align fractures on body parts to make a person become more confident in itself. to make her even more beautiful and /or improve in more fashionable way. expensive but people invest anyway!
    You used the word "her", are you automatically assuming that girls get plastic surgery? these days, a lot of guys get plastic surgery too, because they feel just as inadequate about themselves as some girls do. you say "improve in a fashionable way"? can you please explain that? I know in places like iran its "mod" to get plastic surgery, but i dont quite understand what you mean by "fashionable"? To most persian people its a cheshm o ham cheshmi thing, who can get the most expensive surgeon, who has the better looking body part after surgery (depending on where the surgery is being done).