Poll: What religions are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 210

Thread: What Is Your Religion ?

  1. #101
    Newbie moshken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19
    I am all of the above.
    MO

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the deepest corner of the night , Tonight.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    62
    I wanted to say I am muslim.. then i thought I have to clean my hands and face from what fundamentalists do, I get sick and tired of each time setting a parantesis infront of my religios existance to express myself. How can i digest putting a defnceless woman in a Gooni and stone her to dead? even animals don't do that.

    I wanted to say I am Christian. then i thought I have to clean my hands and face from what Bush and Co, and vatikan, and Mr. Pastor X do and does.

    I wanted to say I am Jewish.. then i thought I have to clean my hands and face from what Israel does, and so on

    ... other religions.. well sorry i do not know much about them, so I say as Great Gandhi said once, I belong to all these religions and non of them.

    Life is an introduction to death. religion is an instrument of life not the aim of life.
    I ask did religion come for the sake Man, or Man is created for the religion?
    Did not religion come to be an instrument in the hand of Man? or Man is an instrument in the hand of religion? which one is the object and which one the subject?

    Religion (s) came to help the Man to find his way back to his origin, like a navigator, a way map, a guide to teach: although you look alike or are an animal
    but you are not ment to remain an animal through your life and die as an animal.

    But THEY (mullah, priest, rabai, etc) have turned everything up-side-down. And consequently their aim justifies their mean. So just kill, burn, take away, hang on cranes, stone to death,... and later on wash your hand and stand to pray.

    Don't tell me I am generalizing, because I am not, but instead just give me a thread, something to hang on. Does your aim justify your mean? Then your are a pimple on the face of religion.

    Has God send the religion to be an instrument for man or God created Man to become an instrument for religion (in the hand of priests, Rbais or Mullahs)?.

    So: what i believe on: IN MY HEART is non of ur business. What am I wearing for YOU to watch and judge: is NO Religion.

    I yet remember the echo of the voice of a sick old man who was repeating in my bliding ears: Hama barayeh Islam! Hamah barayeh Isalam.

    Peace
    Last edited by NightOwl; 11-20-2006 at 05:38 AM. Reason: dictation
    YOU! Wake up.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    responce to nightowl
    in a book by tariq ali "the clash of fundamentalisims" he argues the same thing that religion is just an ancient political party to control people. I dont agree but if you like that stuff check it out



    i dont even think iran should be one but ahamadinejad likes to think so and tells the world so
    and most muslim pertymuch go along with it other than disporah iranians
    infact it is very rare that you see muslims standing up and loudly protasting these theocrocy based governments i am talkng about modarate muslims living out side.
    this is not political what i am saying it is rare to see muslims protest and distance theme selfs from the hanious inhumane actions of these radical theorocy states because they have given them a bad name or tarnished islam in general.

    and as for israel and bush well

    for israel i dono most of their people are secular citizens who only identify with judaisim throgh blood or cultral identity
    in fact their is a religious jewish movment that is against israel and these orthodox jews

    and for bush i dono maybe because he is a concervative christian

    but than you can put all this stuff asaid and draw your inspiration from the good that each one of these relligions have done
    and their is alot
    i think especialy modern chritianity more than any with their love based initive to spread christ love, i very much like alot that they do i dont like every second when they try to convert you but i like the fact that throgh this aim they have set up many charity orginization
    not just local but on a global base
    from africa to the middle east to aisia
    Last edited by mike435; 11-30-2006 at 10:49 PM. Reason: forgot to put see between you and muslims
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

  4. #104
    Member DokhtarIrooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,701
    man mosalmoonam
    ~ Bahar ~


  5. #105
    Member GoorGoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ghorbat
    Posts
    252
    religion is poison
    فارسی را پاس بداریم

    بگذاز غمت را فرياد كشم هموطن..تا بداني چه ديوانه وار دوستت مي دارم

  6. #106
    Islam didnt come to make our lives difficult, but to make it simpler. It came to show us moderation, yet we "muslims" make islam hard on ourselves.

  7. #107
    Muslim, a Shia fundamentalist in its purest form

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    I wanted to say I am muslim.. then i thought I have to clean my hands and face from what fundamentalists do, I get sick and tired of each time setting a parantesis infront of my religios existance to express myself. How can i digest putting a defnceless woman in a Gooni and stone her to dead? even animals don't do that.
    Do you know what does fundamentalism mean ? If you knew the correct definition, you wouldn't use that word.

    Wassalam

  9. #109

    با دورد و سلام
    من بهائی هستم و مطالبی را که دوستان در این جستار یا تاپیک نوشته اند را با علاقه خواندم. با اجازهء شما میخواستم به چند مطلب اشاره کنم. هستند در میان هم میهنان گرامیم که اطلاع کافی از دیانت بهائی ندارند و شوربختانه با تبلیغات منفی ای که در باره این دیانت، در کشورمان ایران، در طول بیش از 160 سال شده است؛ شکستن بعضی از دیوارها و موانع را برای شناسایی حقیقت این دین سخت تر مینماید، اما غیر ممکن نیست. برای از بین بردن این موانع می بایستی من و شما بهتر با عقاید یکدیگر آشنا شویم. دیانت بهائی هیچگاه عقیده و آرمان خود را بر کسی تحمیل نکرده است ولی از انسانها میخواهد که دست کم با این آرمانها آشنا شوید و اگر مقبول افتاد به کار بندند، نیازی به بهائی شدن نیست همان که بدانند این الگوها برای سعادت بشر وجود دارد کافی است. این در عمل هم تجربه شده است؛ تأثیری که ظهور باب و ادیان بابی و بعد از آن بهائی بر روی افکار جامعهء ایران در برپایی نهضت مشروطه داشتند، انکارناپذیر است.

    با سپاس


    All history has been the stories of races, cultures, nations, peoples, and religions.


    Now, the history of humankind as a whole has begun, and Bahá’u’lláh’s writings reveal how very different it will be.



  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    Do you know what does fundamentalism mean ? If you knew the correct definition, you wouldn't use that word.

    Wassalam
    take the oppertunity and clarify
    i definitly can use it

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    take the oppertunity and clarify
    i definitly can use it
    You are neither a scholar nor an high school graduate yet, therefore I do not care what you want to call someone/something that you have no clue of, because it is not academic.

    Tell me what is your definition of Fundamentalist and I will give you mine

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    You are neither a scholar nor an high school graduate yet, therefore I do not care what you want to call someone/something that you have no clue of, because it is not academic.

    Tell me what is your definition of Fundamentalist and I will give you mine

    based on experiance excluding you

    people who only see Islam as the true religion, there fore they fallow it word for word (nothing wrong with that)

    they live there life by it (ggreat do what you want to do ) but all the while they belive it so much that they will , and wont leave room for anything else to exist simultaneously(not with in islam but outside of there scope) and they take away individual thinking willing to ruin older traditions just so there truth prevails more importantly believes its ok to denounce others beliefs and change the host culture when they arrive
    best example i think is Iran
    the more i read about it the more i see how this country changed and is changing becuase of a minority(who know maybe a majority) that is fundamentalist and is trying to steer the country towards it
    but on a huge scale i think fundamentalist have the who world as there playground becuase they belive that alah and his messenger is the truth and the world should be enlightened and live the true life

    please when you answer me try to use an agnostic point of view even though probably for a fundamentalist is impossible

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    You are neither a scholar nor an high school graduate yet, therefore I do not care what you want to call someone/something that you have no clue of, because it is not academic.
    boro baba get off your high horse hala khodet ki hasti ya agar kasi hasti enghadar bayad menato soorat mali bash bokoni

    bezarbegam to ehtemalan 2-3 danashga rafti oonfaght hala khodeto dari mikoshi

    kojast in humble boodanet mage fundemental nisiti fekardam adam bayad humble bashe

    agar nemifahmi vasat englisi minevesiam

  14. #114
    Looks like you don't know the difference between fundamentalist and extremists. Do not trust anything that you hear from Fox news.

    Scholars refuse to accept the definition provided by most people regarding the term “fundamentalism” they mostly overlook the philosophical depth of the concept.

    All humans are fundamentalists. Although they don’t say it, in truth a system is established or perceived upon a foundation, a base if you like. The base of what we believe is supposed to be very strong to support the weight of our arguments. Usually we take this foundation as undisputable facts or the truth, something that can’t be argued with. Otherwise our arguments would be weak and collapsible. Indeed some take their logic as their foundation; some take existence as their foundation and so forth…

    It is to believe and practice an ideology based on a certain foundation! However it is important to note that many ideologies or systems are based on multiple foundations, not just one.

    Islamic fundamentalism is probably the only ideology truly based on one foundation. In fact any Moslem who is not a fundamentalist is effectively saying that religion of Islam fails to address certain issues, and therefore he has failed to understand the universal aspect of the religion.

    Example:
    1- Al Qaeda is an extremist group. (Efratgarayi) افراط گرايي
    2- Lebanese Hezballah are Fundamentalist (bonyadgarayi) بنيادگرايي

    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    based on experiance excluding you

    people who only see Islam as the true religion, there fore they fallow it word for word (nothing wrong with that)

    they live there life by it (ggreat do what you want to do ) but all the while they belive it so much that they will , and wont leave room for anything else to exist simultaneously(not with in islam but outside of there scope) and they take away individual thinking willing to ruin older traditions just so there truth prevails more importantly believes its ok to denounce others beliefs and change the host culture when they arrive
    best example i think is Iran
    the more i read about it the more i see how this country changed and is changing becuase of a minority(who know maybe a majority) that is fundamentalist and is trying to steer the country towards it
    but on a huge scale i think fundamentalist have the who world as there playground becuase they belive that alah and his messenger is the truth and the world should be enlightened and live the true life

    please when you answer me try to use an agnostic point of view even though probably for a fundamentalist is impossible

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    boro baba get off your high horse hala khodet ki hasti ya agar kasi hasti enghadar bayad menato soorat mali bash bokoni
    This is what I said:
    You are neither a scholar nor an high school graduate yet, therefore I do not care what you want to call someone/something that you have no clue of, because it is not academic.
    Chizi joz Haghighat nagoftam.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    bezarbegam to ehtemalan 2-3 danashga rafti oonfaght hala khodeto dari mikoshi

    kojast in humble boodanet mage fundemental nisiti fekardam adam bayad humble bashe
    Read Surat al Anfal, ( Holy Quran chapter 8 ), you will get my answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    agar nemifahmi vasat englisi minevesiam
    Your Farsi is much better than your English. Har jour keh Salah midani ( Farsi, ingilisi, arabi, torki ).

    Wassalam

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    2- Lebanese Hezballah are Fundamentalist (bonyadgarayi) بنيادگرايي
    lol tell me your kidding right
    hezbolah is fundamatalist lolololololol

    vaveyla agar fundamatalist hezbolah bashe fateh hamayema khoondast

    hazaram islamic republic fundamatalist bashe ta hezbolah
    please dont repeat that again just when i was comming to accept that no fundamatalist are peac loving qoran obaying people, you drop this bobmshell that it is hezbolah

  17. #117
    They are indeed party of Allah (swt). They are defender of Islam and Lebanon.

    We defend the oppressed and fight the oppressor, To you we are demons and to us Zionists are demons and we’re going to smite one another, remember that death comes for us all and justice awaits us next, all I can say is that stick with what you believe is the truth, we do the same, in the end only the truth remains.


    “If they really believe in God let them express their desire for death!”

    Wassalam

    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    lol tell me your kidding right
    hezbolah is fundamatalist lolololololol

    vaveyla agar fundamatalist hezbolah bashe fateh hamayema khoondast

    hazaram islamic republic fundamatalist bashe ta hezbolah
    please dont repeat that again just when i was comming to accept that no fundamatalist are peac loving qoran obaying people, you drop this bobmshell that it is hezbolah

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    OMG i cant belive what you are saying
    when i watch the news i allways say these people dont excist it is right wing neo con propeganda OMG
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    how can you consider the group g-dly when it kills innocent people
    g-d is good, reason for creation is g-d expression of loving and kidness
    how can hezbolah be this when it kills so easily so offencivly
    what do you call the AMIA Bombing were 85 were murdured
    what do you call starting a rocket attack with israel and sending thousands of rockets filled with ballbaring at civillian sites delibretly soly to kill
    what do you say when these rockets were desighnd so even if they miss a target the ball baring shooting out kill the people around it
    how can you consider this group g-dly when it considers a mission is a success when innocent civillian are killed inside there shelters or home
    how do you consider this g-dly, good, holy ,

  19. #119
    Write it in an organized paragraph or Farsi.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike435 View Post
    OMG i cant belive what you are saying
    when i watch the news i allways say these people dont excist it is right wing neo con propeganda OMG
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    how can you consider the group g-dly when it kills innocent people
    g-d is good, reason for creation is g-d expression of loving and kidness
    how can hezbolah be this when it kills so easily so offencivly
    what do you call the AMIA Bombing were 85 were murdured
    what do you call starting a rocket attack with israel and sending thousands of rockets filled with ballbaring at civillian sites delibretly soly to kill
    what do you say when these rockets were desighnd so even if they miss a target the ball baring shooting out kill the people around it
    how can you consider this group g-dly when it considers a mission is a success when innocent civillian are killed inside there shelters or home
    how do you consider this g-dly, good, holy ,
    There is a good idiom in British literature that says: "The pot calling the kettle black"

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    if your online stick around i will post in a few minutes
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

  21. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    Write it in an organized paragraph or Farsi.



    There is a good idiom in British literature that says: "The pot calling the kettle black"
    OMG I cant believe what you are saying
    when I watch the news I always say these people don’t exist it is just a right wing neo con propaganda
    OMG

    how can you consider the group(hezbolla) g-dly when it kills innocent people
    g-d is good, reason for creation is g-d’s expression of loving and kindness
    how can Hezbollah be this when it kills so easily so offensively


    Were do you see the g-dly ness in AMIA Bombing were 85 were murdered
    Were do you see the g-dly ness in starting a rocket war with Israel and sending thousands of rockets filled with ball baring at civilian sites deliberately solely to kill the civilian
    Were do you see the g-dly ness when these rockets were designed so even if they miss a target the ball baring shooting out kill the people around it


    how can you consider this group g-dly when it considers a mission is a success when innocent civilian are killed inside there shelters or home
    how do you consider this g-dly, good, holy , this is not al-h
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

  22. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    We defend the oppressed and fight the oppressor,
    What bull is this what oppressed are you talking about, the lebonies are being oppressed by Israel is there checkpoints that’s oppressing theme or Israel military rule of Lebanon or is it Israel dominance in Lebanon or its control of the government or it business man what are you smoking were do you get off saying this shit
    The minute legitimate thing you can use would be the shba farms and even that used be syrias
    And for the sake of this conversation lets say its Lebanon’s, lets say they get it back, that action of getting it back all of sudden makes the Lebanese free?, makes there life better, ?

    life is not all about honor, the only reason you want the farm is because you cant stand seeing Israel having it, you will never even occupy even if you did have it yet you are willing to kill thousands on both sides just you can continue you bs cry to fasly make a belief that you died for something worthwhile

    and if it is Islam that Israel is hurting either Israel is extremely powerful or Islam is extremely week


    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    remember that death comes for us all and justice awaits us next, all I can say is that stick with what you believe is the truth, we do the same, in the end only the truth remains.
    You see this sounds good but the sad reality is your reality is that I should be terminated and killed while my reality says I should first accept your reality and let it coexist and just mined my own
    You see you believe that I deserve to die while I believe you are creation of g-d and he will deal with you
    You believe that yea g-d should deal with me and you will the medium to deliver that justice.
    Do you see what I mean
    I believe justice lies in g-ds hands while you believe justice lies in g-ds hands but you can be the administrator of it


    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    “If they really believe in God let them express their desire for death!”
    i don't know if it directed towards me or you
    but me i have to live to the last breath and killing or suicide is wrong even excecution can be done by a single person becuase in religion i cant even have an executioner
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

  23. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    i am still waiting for your responce for you to explin to me how hezbolah is g-dly

    and how murduring and using terrorisom is doing g-ds work
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

  24. #124
    Member asal67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by abadani69 View Post
    I am Muslim, and I am proud of my religion. As long as we say that we have a religion and what's our religion, that's enough because most people say that they don't believe in any of the religions. So I think everyone should be proud of their religion and believe in what they have to believe.
    daghighan moafegham aziz

  25. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    tehrangeles
    Posts
    2,096
    abadani nicly said
    http://www.worldometers.info/

    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

    http://www.nomullas.com/

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •