Thread: Adrian Pasdar

Thumbs up Adrian Pasdar

Born: April 30, 1965

FAMILY

Wife: NATALIE MAINES She is the lead singer for country group The Dixie Chicks. They were wed 6/24/00 in Las Vegas, Nevada
    Children: Son, JACKSON SLADE PASDAR [to be called Slade]. Born March 15, 2001 [9:57 am] at Seton Medical Center, Austin, Texas; 6 lbs. 20".
    Son, BECKETT FINN. Born July 14, 2004

Father: HOMAYOON PASDAR Born in Tehran, Iran. He is a cardiothoracic surgeon at a hospital 15 miles west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
    Mother: ROSEMARIE (SBRESNY) Born in Konigsberg, Germany. A former nurse and writer turned Francophile who lived and taught English in southwest France, she has owned a travel agency since 1991 that deals totally with travels to France. She is, after many years living in France, living 15 miles west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Adrian’s parents were divorced when he was 8 years old.)

Sister: ANAMARIE PASDAR Anamarie is eight years younger than Adrian. Graduate of Baldwin School (Bryn Mawr, PA, a prestigious Main Line girls’ school.) She lives in New York City. At 22 years old she was an artistic director/associate producer with New York’s SoHo Rep Theater Company. Adrian has said of her, "I had to fight hard for everything. She’s a genius. When I was 22, I couldn’t even find my socks!"

PETS Dog MARLEY (a straffordshire terrier,Adrian’s), RALPH (a bulldog Adrian bought for Natalie), MABLE (a yellow labador), STELLA (a pig).

HISTORY

Born in Pittsfield, MA, Adrian moved to 39th and Powelton in Philadelphia, PA at age 2. (This is near the Drexel University area.) At age 8 he moved 15 miles west to Philadelphia’s suburbs, in Broomall, Pennsylvania.
    At Marple Newtown High School in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania (graduated 1983), Adrian was active in football, where he played defensive back at 5’11", 206 lb., track, soccer, and of course, acting. His senior year he did BAREFOOT IN THE PARK. (Even then his talent was striking!)
    Although generally a good student, he cut classes, got caught smoking cigarettes, and at 15 was arrested for "borrowing" a neighbor’s car, which was smashed and totaled. (The charges were dropped when he paid for the car by working various jobs.)

Adrian was straightened out by his father, whom he idolizes, and his football coach, who "taught me discipline and a sense of structure in life. He helped me to be focused and responsive about daily activities. Football is one of the main things I can look back on with pride."

After high school graduation Adrian won a football scholarship to the University of Central Florida. After the first football game, he flipped his jeep on a rain-slickened highway one night on the way to Miami. He took out the windshield with his face. Legs badly mangled, the medics told Pasdar that he would walk with a pronounced limp-that is, if he were to walk again at all.
    Between intensive physical therapy and rehabilitation sessions, he finished out his freshman year in a wheelchair. His athletic career over, the English major turned to campus stage productions and rediscovered the joys of acting and writing that had been a major part of his childhood. (Adrian had written plays that childhood friends played in) He left school at the end of his freshman year because he could no longer play football. "I regret missing school. The only education I’ve had is through films I have done. It’s half the reason that I do what I do, what I can learn from the places and the people."
    Coming back home, Adrian got an internship at a nearby theater group, PEOPLE’S LIGHT AND THEATER COMPANY in Malvern, PA. He was a "tech resident," constructing sets and working on sound and lighting. One day while building a set, he cut off the end of his thumb. [Adrian tends to be quite "accident prone." While filming STREETS OF GOLD, during a fight scene, "I opened my mouth to breathe, and I got clocked and dislocated my jaw." Also during A MOTHER’S GIFT, he took a hard, planned fall from a horse, but broke his collarbone when he landed wrong.] Adrian took the worker’s compensation payments and went to New York to study at the famed Lee Strasberg Theater Institute.

A few months later, at the age of 19, Adrian had his first acting part in TOP GUN. A steady girlfriend for two years was Cecilia Peck, actor Gregory Peck’s daughter and costar in Adrian’s TORN APART. Although living in Los Angeles, while doing a play in Pennsylvania in 1989, Adrian mentioned how much he missed the changing color of the trees and snow.
    After several movies he met German director Wim Wenders at the Cannes

Film Festival. "Inspired by Wenders’ WING OF DESIRE, Pasdar packed up his belongings and spent a year commuting between Berlin and Paris ’hanging out late at cafes and getting up early to write and cook.’" (Steven Spielberg optioned the screenplay/novel that Adrian wrote, however, nothing was ever made from it.)

Refreshed, he headed straight to Los Angeles to do another half-dozen small films. He had made plenty of money but hated the Hollywood lifestyle. "I had gotten so out of touch with reality that one day in 1992," Pasdar said "I just sold my house at a $200,000.00 loss, moved back East, and put my money into T-bills. I spent the next year working behind the counter and running the cash register for room and board at Vandam Diner, a little lower east Manhattan diner, owned by a friend’s father."

Adrian quit his job when PROFIT came along. Well read, he counts among his favorite books, John Fante’s ASK THE DUST, William Burrough’s NAKED LUNCH, and authors J.G. Ballad, Jim Thompson, and Milan Kundera. He hopes that his future includes adapting some short stories by Flannery O’Connor for the screen and appearing in a biography of poet and journalist, James Agee.
    His hobbies include skydiving, smoking Malboro cigarettes, drinking Johnny

Walker Red, riding a Harley, playing chess, and sporting a Bobcat head tattoo on his upper right arm. (His film company is named Bobcat Films.) He also got another tattoo below his bobcat head while filming the movie SHANGHAI 1920- the Chinese symbol for "strength." In 2003 Adrian added a new tattoo, "Natalie," on his left upper arm.

Adrian wrote a short film called BEYOND BELIEF. It was also Adrian’s directing debut. Declared "a dazzling tone-poem, as original and accomplished as short-film making gets," it debuted at East Hamptons Film Festival in October 1995. BEYOND BELIEF received a Finalist Award at the Houston Film Festival in June 1996. It has been shown on Robert Redford’s Independent Film Network. BEYOND BELIEF is the "story of a lost soul visited by his guardian angel on the last day of his life."

Adrian has finished directing and co-producing CEMENT. Winning the Grand Prize for Best Film at Worldfest-Houston Film Festival, the movie was released 2003. As his feature film directorial debut, Adrian chose Justin Mongo’s "crisply written thriller." Adrian has also directed three music videos, one for Paula Abdul in 1997 and "My Hometown" and "Bar Light Bar Bright" in 1999 for country singer songwriter, Charlie Robison.

Besides the award for BEYOND BELIEF, Adrian was nominated for 1996’s Petcabus Award for "Best Actor in a Drama series" for "Profit." He has one audio book to his credit: UNFINISHED LIVES 2: MONTGOMERY CLIFF. [Dove Books] Adrian has done stage plays including "The Glass Menagerie." (Adrian says this "has always been one of my favorites.") He has also done some off-Broadway work: "On The Waterfront," "Monkey’s Paw," "Malek’s

Dependence," "Cold Foot,"and "Aven’ U Boys" for which he won rave reviews. He has also appeared in plays in Los Angeles: " Love Letters" and "The Secret Sits In The Middle." Besides his film work, Adrian has been featured in several TV series: PROFIT, FEDS, MYSTERIOUS WAYS, and JUDGING AMY.
    Adrian and his family live outside Austin, Texas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cheghadr neveshti baba....yeki biad kholaseye ino be man bege chie....lol..jk...

BEST Member of Spring nanakhafan's Avatar
    meh..

nahid meh yani che????

ugly..!lol

chi ugly???

he is ugly..!!

BEST Member of Spring nanakhafan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith
    nahid meh yani che????

ha manzoor az meh hamoon zesht bid

oh ok....so he's ugly....ummm....

loool..yeh dani he is ugly..!! dokhtara yeh chizi midoonan keh migan..!

man ke aslan nemishnasamesh...vali har chi to begi...lol

lool..bashe

lol...

The latest show on NBC "Heroes" has picked up decent ratings this season, following the hit show "Deal or No Deal" on Monday nights.
    Our Hero among the cast is of course half-Iranian, half-German main character Nathan Petrelli.

In this role Pasdar has the extra special superhero power of flying, one of my personal favorite of all superhero abilities.
    Pasdar was born to father Homayoon Pasdar, a cardiac surgeon, in Pennsylvania. His mother is Rosemarie Sbresny, a German nurse who later moved to the US.

Adrian Pasdar is 39 years old, married with two children, and the best looking hero you can find these days on NBC.

Cooool!!
    he is well fit

loool yehh helll he izz
    hez like ma dream guy though he is kinda old lol
    hm merc red, axe adam khoshtip bazam bezar plz

He's a very good actor and good man !

« My parents, Rosemarie my German mother and Homayoon my Iranian father are my real life heroes; they went through more difficult things in life than I ever did »

« I was in Iran back in 1976, where my father was a surgeon and felt a great feeling of pride and compassion amongst Iranians, something that most people unfortunately do not see. » -Kayvan Adrian Pasdar in interview with French Séries Live Magazine

He has been around in Show business for some time now. Despite a promising supporting debut in Tony Scott' International Hit film Top Gun with then rising star Tom Cruise in the title role, Adrian Pasdar took a more careful move toward the no less competitive world of Television. Little did he know then that this would not only lead him to leading roles in successful TV shows but would also turn him into a household name in the US and Europe particularly France, where the young Pasdar spent part of his youth. Kayvan Adrian Pasdar Father is Dr. Homayoon Pasdar, who was born in Iran and works as a surgeon near Philadelphia. His mother, Rosemarie Sbresny, is a native of Germany who worked as a nurse and then became an English teacher in France. She currently owns a successful travel agency. Younger sister, Anamarie Pasdar, worked as an artistic director/associate producer for the SoHo Rep Theater Company in New York City. Now the straight jawed good looking Adrian Pasdar is becoming something of a cult Hero for aficionados in France. Noticed as Jim Profit in the 1996 series of the same name playing a shrewd businessman lawyer, the film, first aired on cable TV and has done amazingly well since with its DVD release. He is now back in an equally shrewd but more ambiguous role of the ambitious politician Nathan Petrelli in the NBC series Heroes. Interestingly the role is far more complex and attractive than his cliché suave looks seem to suggest. Pasdar’s personality will evolve throughout the first season and rally the viewers’ admiration and awe in the long run.

Heroes is an American science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, which premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006. The show tells the story of several people who 'thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities' such as telepathy, time travel and flight. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind. The series follows the writing style of American comics with short, multi-episode story arcs that build upon a larger, more encompassing arc. Even with small story arcs that move the story forward, Kring said 'we have talked about where the show goes up to five seasons'.

When the series premiered in the United States, it was the night's most-watched program among adults aged 18–49, attracting 14.3 million viewers overall and receiving the highest rating for any NBC drama premiere in five years. On October 6, 2006, NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a full season, and on January 17, 2007, Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a second season. The second season of Heroes will consist of 24 episodes, and the first season of a new spinoff, Heroes: Origins, will include six episodes.

The plot of Heroes is designed to be similar to the stories of comic books. Like comic books, Heroes has large overall arcs and small arcs within the main arc. No matter what characters exist and what events make up a season, all seasons of Heroes will involve ordinary people who discover their abilities and their reactions to their self-discovery.

Each episode reveals new answers and questions and progresses the story and/or the characters.

As for Nathan Petrelli portrayed by Adrian Pasdar has the ability to fly.

Nathan possesses the power of self-propelled flight. He is one of the characters that has least demonstrated his power in the series, saying that he is afraid of both being seen as a freak and taken in for scientific study. In contrast, however, he also demonstrates a great deal of control over his power. Nathan can reach speeds exceeding the sound barrier with no apparent physical effects.

Nathan first discovers his power when he inadvertently uses it to save himself from a car crash which leaves his wife wheelchair-bound. The first on-screen flight is in 'Genesis', when he attempts to save Peter from falling to his death. He also uses flight to save a woman from a burning building in an issue of the Heroes webcomic.

In France, the theme music of Heroes is composed by Victoria Petrosillo. Her song “Le Héros d'un autre” is used by television network TF1 to replace the show's original incidental music. Moreover, the network had to create an opening credit sequence in order to play Petrosillo's theme song.

Pasdar has been questioned about his cosmopolitan roots and is equally proud of his German and Persian roots and particularly of his Parents. In a touching interview to French Magazine série Live he accepted to reveal a little more about his parents and his own experience in Iran which he visited back in 1976 prior to the Islamic Revolution:

“My father is a plastic surgeon. Both my Parents are truly my heroes. They were capable of having one dream when they were young and ultimately reached it. My mother was Russian (German) and my father Iranian. Dad was already a successful surgeon in Iran but when he came to the US he had to start all over again, cause they would not give him a work permit. Although he hardly spoke English, Instead of being discouraged he asked for a chance to retake his medical exams again. The examiners tried to trick him but he succeeded a 100 % to their astonishment. I’m not afraid to say that my father is a genius but more importantly he taught me compassion. My mother also went through a lot of hardships when she was younger. She lived through WWII and her father was assassinated. What I really want to say through this, is that my parents certainly went through more difficulties than I ever did as a kid growing up.”

As for his view of Iran and Iranians “ I went to Iran back in 1976, I have to admit that I felt that I shared a great deal of pride and compassion for my fellow compatriots. Its something that alas most people in the West do not see.” (*)

As Fan sites and blogs on Adrian Pasdar and his fellow acting partners thrive in France, it is interesting to notice that the 42 years old Iranian American born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, has not forgotten his Persian and European Roots nor his love and respect for both his parents. Despite International Stardom and Hollywood Success, Adrian has certainly inherited the wisdom of his ancestral heritage best expressed in the words of the Great Persian Poet of the 13th Century Sa’adi Shirazi:

The Children of Adam are limbs of each other

Having been created of one essence.

When the calamity of time afflicts one limb

The other limbs cannot remain at rest.

If thou hast no sympathy for the troubles of other

Thou art unworthy to be called by the name of a man.

Thumbs down

Heroes Star Adrian Pasdar Arrested

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/heroes/news/?a=14325