Poll: Which One Is Your Favorite ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cat Or Dog?

Cat Or Dog?

About Cats:

The cat (or domestic cat, house cat) is a small carnivorous mammal and a subspecies of the wild cat. The trinomial name of the domestic cat is Felis silvestris catus. The cat is a skilled predator and intelligent animal, known to hunt over 1,000 species for food, and capable of being trained (and learning by itself) to obey simple commands and manipulate simple mechanisms (see cat intelligence). It has lived in close association with humans for 3,500 to 8,000 years, figuring prominently in the mythology and legends of several cultures.

Cats come in dozens of breeds and a variety of colors. Due to mutations, some are hairless and some are tailless. They use more than one hundred vocalizations and types of body language for communication, including calling ("meow" or "miaou"), purring, hissing, growling, chirping, clicking, and grunting.Like horses and other domesticated animals, cats can become feral, living effectively in the wild. Feral cats will often form small feral cat colonies (However, animal welfare organizations point out that it is a myth that abandoned cats easily adopt a feral life. They note that few abandoned cats are able to survive long enough to become feral, most being killed by vehicles, starvation, predators, exposure, or disease before they can adapt).

Legends and myths about the cat exist in many cultures, from the ancient Egyptians and Chinese to the Vikings. They have been both revered and vilified by different cultures.

The cat's closest pre-domesticated ancestor is believed to be the African wild cat, Felis silvestris lybica.

About Dogs:

The dog is a mammal in the order Carnivora. Dogs were domesticated from wolves as recently as 15,000 years ago, or perhaps as early as 100,000 years ago based upon recent genetic fossil and DNA evidence . New evidence suggests that dogs were first domesticated in East Asia, possibly China , and the first peoples to enter North America took dogs with them from Asia. Genetic research has identified 14 ancient dog breeds, with the oldest being the Chow Chow, Shar Pei, Akita Inu, Shiba Inu and Basenji. Because many of the 14 breeds are associated with China and Japan, the theory that the dog originated in Asia seems to be likely.Over time, the dog has developed into hundreds of breeds with a great degree of variation. For example, heights at the withers range from just a few inches (such as the Chihuahua) to roughly three feet (such as the Irish Wolfhound), and colors range from white to black, with reds, grays (usually called blue), and browns occurring in a tremendous variation of patterns.

Dogs, like humans, are highly social animals and this similarity in their overall behavioral pattern accounts for their trainability, playfulness, and ability to fit into human households and social situations. This similarity has earned dogs a unique position in the realm of interspecies relationships. The loyalty and devotion that dogs demonstrate as part of their natural instincts as pack animals closely mimics the human idea of love and friendship, leading many dog owners to view their pets as full-fledged family members. Conversely, dogs seem to view their human companions as members of their pack, and make few, if any, distinctions between their owners and fellow dogs. Dogs fill a variety of roles in human society and are often trained as working dogs. For dogs that do not have traditional jobs, a wide range of dog sports provide the opportunity to exhibit their natural skills. In many countries, the most common and perhaps most important role of dogs is as companions. Dogs have lived with and worked with humans in so many roles that their loyalty has earned them the unique sobriquet "man's best friend"Conversely, some cultures consider dogs to be unclean. In some cultures, certain types of dogs are used as food.

oh just compare, the cat is so much cuter lol
    Reddyy Tailless cats? iinaro az koja mishe peida kardd...
    GO CATTZZzzZzZ (meaaaaaaaw)

I like dogs but just cat for me

dogs are loud, dirty, smelly, need walk everyday and eat too much
    نه غزه نه لبنان جانم فدای ایران

در زندگی زخم*هايی هست که مثل خوره روح را آهسته در انزوا می*خورد و می*تراشد.
    صادق هدايت؛ بوف کور

hich kodom

Cat Power

I don think so ppl!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd definately go for dogs
    Gorbe haa namardan if u get wat i mean
    Vali sag be baa marefati marufe va kheily ham jigmale
    Man sagam az nejade German Shepherd.
    I jus luv 'em.

i like both, but if i had to choose i would choose dog. woof woof...

lool sepideh no i dno what u mean!
    concept e catz are "Namard" az koja oamde? my catz soo cute he missses sleeping n my bed, everynite he comes and sleepz n ma bed, mibinadamam dore pam kolli micharkhe, and behesham ye bar 2 rooz ghaza nadadam (ghazash tamom shode bod ) he was still around...

um REDDY? dooo somethng, tedade dogz bishtar az catz shode

i like both but caring cats is more easier then dogs. dogs are abit dirty, never come clean. but cats are better atleast in doing dertiness

MAHSA

[/CENTER]

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Dogz power now

Mahsa88.... There is a history, and a past experience behind the mentioned concept ..

Anywayzzzzzzzzz Mibinam ke dog haa ( jigarhaa ) Daran tedadeshun ziad o ziad tar mishe...

Bring it on catz ( Notice the choice of colour ) Baghiasham khodet befahm....

Saga kasifan, bouye bad midan hatta agar hamoum konan, har mishan gaz migiran,ghaza ziad mikhoran,zoud mariz mishan va zoud ham beh sageh hamsayeh tajavoz mikonan va dir misheh tarbiateshoun kard !.

Yadetoun nareh keh ma Parsian, az tabar-e parsi zabanan, tarikh-e moun ba Gorbeh ha jur hast,nah ba sagha :=) .

Quote Originally Posted by RedWine View Post
    Saga kasifan, bouye bad midan hatta agar hamoum konan, har mishan gaz migiran,ghaza ziad mikhoran,zoud mariz mishan va zoud ham beh sageh hamsayeh tajavoz mikonan va dir misheh tarbiateshoun kard !.

Yadetoun nareh keh ma Parsian, az tabar-e parsi zabanan, tarikh-e moun ba Gorbeh ha jur hast,nah ba sagha :=) .
    Ki mige sag kasife? ki mige bu mide? Age gorbe ham nashuri bu gandesh hamejaro migire...
    Age migi age hamum konan bu bad midan.. un dige malum mishe doros nashostishun.... Adam mikhad hamintory ke nist Baraye haminam kheily haa sag nadaran!! Chonke 1.Nemitunan azash moraghebat konan 2.Liaghat nadaran ...
    Sag haa ba fahm taraz gorbe hastan...this has scientifically been proved...
    Man kaari nadaram maa melate persian.. ya az tabare parsi zaban, tarikhemun ba gorbe ha jure .... man daram nazaaramo migam.. tazasham just cuz there was no "persian dog" it doesn't mean that maa bahashun jur nistim....

Khosham miad vote baraye Dog dare hey mire bala tar This certainly proves something....

CATS!

I HATE dogs, they're just crazy animals. And no dog looks nice...

Cat or Dog

sagha behtaran chon mesle gorbeha muzi nistan, dar avaz sagha vafadar hastan

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbio1685 View Post
    sagha behtaran chon mesle gorbeha muzi nistan, dar avaz sagha vafadar hastan
    Eyval Khosham umad.... Manam ba shoma ham aghide hastam.....

Karimi... If u dono them.. Then they'll become crazy to u..Dogs are the most lovely species.. i've ever seen

wow, you guys are really making this into something really serious. its nice that you all have opinions and you are sticking to them, but dont dont upset yourselves over other people's opinions. I still say i like dogs ( i like golden retrievers, or something that stays small like a pomeranian). cats are cute too, its just i havent had as much exposure to them. im openminded though kiddos.

nah agha jan.. cats behtaran, saga kasifan va zoud vel mishan touyeh khiabuna, donbaleh sag hayeh female mikonan !!! Cat Power !

Dog for sure

LOL
    The votes will shout out the truth

man az heyvanat vatarsam...vali dog (sage koochool moochooolooo albate) ro be cat tarjiih vadam....

hich koodoom

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    man az heyvanat vatarsam...vali dog (sage koochool moochooolooo albate) ro be cat tarjiih vadam....
    to va tars?! aslan behet nemiyad saeed! sag kochooloo baghat movafegham kheili khoobe.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWine View Post
    nah agha jan.. cats behtaran, saga kasifan va zoud vel mishan touyeh khiabuna, donbaleh sag hayeh female mikonan !!! Cat Power !
    ye sag barat bekharam emtehan mikoni sag dashtan ro? it cant be all that bad.

dogs > cats