Poll: How Do You Think Marilyn Passed Away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: What Happend To Marilyn Monroe ?

Question What Happend To Marilyn Monroe ?

Marilyn Monroe's biographer has slammed a newly released FBI report that claims the star was the victim of a murder conspiracy. Monroe, 36, was found lying naked, faced down on her bed at her Brentwood, California home on August 5th 1962. A coroner ruled the cause of death as 'probable suicide' by barbiturate poisoning, but many conspiracy theorists believe her rumored affair with Kennedy had something to do with her unexpected death.

However, her biographer Anthony Summers refuses to believe the newly released FBI document, unearthed by Australian filmmaker Phillipe Mora. It claims Monroe was tricked into killing herself by associates, including former US attorney general Robert Kennedy, who promised the actress would be rescued in time. Summers, who claims to have had access to the FBI documents over 20 years ago, rubbishes the allegations of foul play as unfounded.

He says, "I had this document in 1984 when it was first released by the FBI. I had the uncensored version of it the same year. I got it from a private source in California who in turn had been in touch with a man called Frank Capell, who was a right-wing agitate, keen to lay blame for Monroe's death at the feet of the Kennedys."

"I didn't use it because I believed it was full of misguided gibberish and rumor. It's a shame because there are some real mysteries surrounding Monroe's death - but I don't think murder is one of them."

New FBI documents claim that screen legend Marilyn Monroe was tricked into suicide by Robert F Kennedy.

The Sun reports that the documents say Senator Kennedy – US President JFK’s brother – tricked Monroe into suicide to gain public sympathy.

Australian film director Philippe Mora has made the claims, unveiling the FBI papers to support his argument.

Monroe apparently expected to survive the overdose attempt by having her stomach pumped after a pills overdose, which she hoped would win her public sympathy.

It is claimed that President John F Kennedy – who Monroe had had a relationship with – had wanted her dead, even calling a relative to check she had passed away.

JAMES Bacon knew Marilyn Monroe from obscurity to the grave. Curt Gentry wrote about the FBI, and its founder, when it was one of the most powerful institutions in the country.

Not surprisingly, they disagree about revelations reported in The Age at the weekend that Monroe and Senator Robert Kennedy had an affair and that he was implicated in her death allegedly by suicide. This is according to an FBI file, unearthed and reported by Australian filmmaker Philippe Mora.

Mora, who is based in Los Angeles, quoted the 1964 file as saying that Kennedy and his brother-in-law, Peter Lawford, induced Monroe to commit suicide to prevent her revealing her affair with Kennedy. Monroe, 36, died at home on August 5, 1962. An autopsy revealed the cause of death was acute barbiturate poisoning. A separate psychiatric analysis found that her death was a probable suicide.

Gentry, the author of J. Edgar Hoover: The Man and the Secrets, a biography of the secretive founder and director of the FBI, agreed with elements of the file's revelations.

"There's been a lot of talk through the years that both Kennedys (Senator Kennedy and president John Kennedy) were involved with Marilyn Monroe and that's been pretty well established," Gentry said yesterday. "As far as what happened that night (to Monroe), that is all speculation."

One aspect of the file leapt out at Gentry. The author of the file noted the source of the Monroe-Kennedy information was unknown and that the information provided could not be evaluated.

"I think he's really saying he's not validating it," Gentry said. "He's just passing it on."

Gentry doubted Robert Kennedy was implicated in Monroe's death. "I don't think so. I've certainly read and heard often enough that he was at Marilyn's home at some time that night, and the Peter Lawford connection and flying to San Francisco — all that is fairly familiar. Whether it's true, I don't know.

"I don't think there's any doubt now that Robert and John had affairs with her. Marilyn, not knowing what her state of mind was, may have believed he was leaving his wife, but I doubt that."

Entertainment columnist James Bacon refutes that and other elements of the Monroe story. Bacon, now 92 and a friend of Monroe for the last 13 years of her life, described the story from the FBI file as pure fiction.

"Marilyn told me the only times she ever saw Bobby Kennedy was when he tried his damnedest to talk her out of seeing JFK, with whom she told me she had a torrid affair," he said.

Bacon described Monroe's death as misadventure rather than suicide. "Marilyn just took one pill and one drink too many," he said. "Her death was as simple as that, in my opinion."

Mora was still coming to terms with the reaction to his article yesterday. "I've never seen anything like it," he said. "It's just exploded worldwide."

Mora wrote that he found the FBI file while researching material for another film. Among the reactions he has received, he says, have been some from the film industry that have prompted him to consider whether the article could become a film.

Elements of the file, or what it alleges, have already found their way into another book.

A 1999 biography of Kennedy, Rfk: A Candid Biography of Robert F. Kennedy, by C. David Heymann, claims he "very likely had conspired in the murder of his former lover, the nation's premier cinema star".

Marilyn Monroe was never very wealthy during her lifetime; even when she did reach celebrity status. However, she is among an elite list of thirteen members from Forbes Top-Earning Dead Celebrities.

If you need some proof of how much the famous blonde is worth as an investment, then head to Christie’s in New York on May 16 to witness an auction for Lemon Marilyn, by Andy Warhol. Lemon Marilyn is one of 13 identical portraits of the Hollywood star, each with a different colored background, which Warhol produced after Monroe committed suicide in August 1962.

The painting was bought three months after her death for $250 in November 1962 and was kept by the original buyer for the last 45 years. On May 16 it will be auctioned off at Christine’s with a guide price in excess of $15 million, 60,000 times its original price.

Orange Marilyn, one of the other paintings in the series, was sold for $16.3 million in 2006.

Marilyn Monroe was a real celebrity, unlike most today. Celebrities today are so crazy that you can bet on celebrities‘ wacky behaviors at Bodog!

A 15-minute film of Marilyn Monroe engaging in oral sex with an unidentified man will be kept from public view by a New York businessman who has bought it for $1.5 million, the broker of the deal said on Monday.

Memorabilia collector Keya Morgan said he recently arranged the sale of the silent, black-and-white film from the son of a dead FBI informant who possessed it to a wealthy Manhattan businessman who wants to protect Monroe's privacy.

"The gentleman who bought it said out respect for Marilyn he's not going to make a joke of it and put it on the Internet and try to exploit her," said memorabilia collector Keya Morgan. "That's not his intention and I would never get my name involved if that were to happen."

Monroe is clothed and the man's head remains out of the frame for the entire 15 minutes of the film, said Morgan, who watched it.

Monroe was rumored to have had an affair with U.S. President John F. Kennedy, and Morgan said then FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, a Kennedy rival, went to great lengths to try to prove it was Kennedy in the film.

One of Monroe's ex-husbands, the late baseball great Joe DiMaggio, once tried to buy it from the collector for $25,000 but "he would not part with it," according to FBI files on Monroe that are available on the FBI Web site.

Morgan is a well-known collector who owns memorabilia from the estates of Monroe and DiMaggio and said he was friends with Monroe's other two husbands, Jim Dougherty and Arthur Miller.

He said he learned of the existence of the film while working on a documentary about Monroe, who died in August 1962 at age 36. A former FBI agent told him about it, and Morgan said he confirmed it by tracking down the son of the FBI informant, who had provided a copy to the FBI.

I thought the FBI agent was embellishing it for my documentary. I never believed it once until I pulled up the FBI document (referring to the film)," Morgan said.

The late informant's son had the original while the copy remains classified in the FBI files, said Morgan, whose deal was first reported by the New York Post on Monday.

"The FBI agent that I interviewed said J. Edgar Hoover was completely obsessed. A team of nine individuals were analyzing the tape inside a lab. J. Edgar Hoover brought in a few prostitutes who allegedly had been with President Kennedy and they tried to ... see if that was really President Kennedy."

An FBI spokesmen declined to comment except to point out the Monroe files available online, which refer to the film but make no mention of Hoover's purported interest.

Oh... Each time i see this thread,i wanna cry ... Those bastards Democrats killed Our Lovely Queen Merylin ... Why ? ...

I dedicate this video clip to all of you guys which still love her so much like me ... I love you Norma Jean .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIThPL8Akgc"]YouTube - Goodbye, Norma Jean aka Marilyn Monroe[/ame]

She is still considered the sexiest woman on Earth. And on the 46th Anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death, an exhibition of some rare photos of the Hollywood siren is being held in Beverly Hills.

Marilyn Monroe personified Hollywood glamour with an unparalleled glow and energy, that enamored the world. She dominated the age of movie stars to become, without question, the most famous woman of the 20th century.

However, Marilyn's death at the age of 36 was as controversial as her life. She was found dead in the bedroom of her California home in 1962. although it was called a suicide, many still believe that Monroe was murdered.

Monroe's death is one of the most debated conspiracy theories of the twentieth century.

Marlyn Monroe was found dead on this day in 1962: Movie actress Marilyn Monroe is found dead in her home in Los Angeles. She was discovered lying nude on her bed, face down, with a telephone in one hand. Empty bottles of pills, prescribed to treat her depression, were littered around the room. After a brief investigation, Los Angeles police concluded that her death was "caused by a self-administered overdose of sedative drugs and that the mode of death is probable suicide."

A timelapse charcoal drawing of Marilyn Monroe.

Measures 14x11 inches. Material used HB charcoal pencil and a kneaded eraser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6DrrxpeC2Q

who the hell is Marilyn Monroe?

She's still the iconic image of the Hollywood blonde, even 47 years after her death – at age 36 – in 1962. With Monday marking what would have been the 83rd birthday of Marilyn Monroe, LIFE.com has posted a gallery of never-before-seen images of the then-rising star, taken in 1950 by Life photographer Ed Clark in Los Angeles's Griffith Park.

Monroe, then 24, had already played the girlfriend of a crooked lawyer in The Asphalt Jungle and was soon to be seen as "a graduate of the Copacabana school of dramatic art" in the Oscar-winning All About Eve. Still ahead: the subway-swept s***t in 1955's The Seven-Year Itch and her definitive comic performance, in 1959's Some Like It Hot, to say nothing of the inspiration she continues to provide Madonna and Gwen Stefani.